High Commission for Pakistan, Canberra no longer accepts paper-based visa applications. Please apply online at visa.nadra.gov.pk
General Information about online Visa System
- Pakistan Online Visa System is now open for the citizens of 179 countries
- Citizens of 50 countries are eligible to apply for Visa On Arrival (VOA) under Tourist Category
- Citizens of 95 countries are eligible to apply for Visa on Arrival (VOA) under Business Category
- National of Afghanistan and India will continue to apply for visa using paper-based application form
- Minimum 6 months valid passport is required for the visa processing
- Applicant’s physical presence may be required for interview before issuance of visa
- Applicants are advised to upload only original supporting documents for processing of visa applications (no faxed, photocopied or e-mailed documents will be accepted)
- Fresh visa for Pakistan will only be issued on the expiry of previous visa.
- Host individuals / companies are required to certify in the invitation letter that they will be responsible for applicant (s) in all respects during their stay in Pakistan.
- Visa Fees is non-refundable, charged per person, and is subject to periodic revision.
- For any additional information and online application please visit: https://visa.nadra.gov.pk/
- The Government of Pakistan is not issuing visas to travel document holders. This includes Refugee Travel Documents, Stateless Persons Travel Documents and Non Australian National Certificates of Identity.
Instructions about online Visa Application
- Please make sure that you have the following documents readily available while you fill in the online visa application form:
- Electronic version of your photograph up to the size of 200 KB (white background, showing full face, without hat, helmet or sunglasses, although you can wear everyday glasses)
- Valid credit / debit card for online payment.
- Original Passport
- All other supporting documents (according to the category of application)
- Please complete the online visa application correctly. Do not leave any column vacant. Fields marked with (*) are mandatory (the provided data in the application form will be verified by the relevant departments).
- While applying through the online Visa System, please select visa office nearest to your residence as you may be required to appear for an interview before the “Visa Officer”.
- Please carefully select the category of visa as it can not be changed at a later stage.
- Applicants are advised to plan their journey / business trip and purchase air tickets as per the time lines given for the visa processing of various categories of e-Visa.
- For question and or complaints, you can approach officials of the Ministry of Interior at http://visa.nadra.gov.pk/contact and visa officer of the High Commission for Pakistan at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Detailed instructions can be found on: https://visa.nadra.gov.pk/
Visa for Indian Nationals:
- Indian passport holders with resident status of Australia have to fill four visa application forms , meant exclusively for them.
- Provide four coloured passport size photographs.
- Original signatures on each form.
- Applicants should give complete verifiable addresses of the relatives / sponsors in Pakistan.
- Application should in particular indicate port of entry as well as details of previous visits to Pakistan, if any.
- If applicant had visited Pakistan earlier, copies of the previous visas issued may be enclosed.
Mode of Payment
- In case of High Commission for Pakistan, Canberra, Postal Money Order / Certified Bank Cheque / Bank Draft in favor of “High Commission for Pakistan, Canberra” OR through EFTPOS.
NOTE: Additional surcharge will be applicable in case of payment through EFTPOS as per List.
- No Cash will be accepted.
Pilgrimage Visa for Sikh
The following documents are required for pilgrimage visa.
- Filled in visa application form
- Australian $85/- money order in the name of Pakistan High Commission as visa fee for Australian Nationals
- Return travel itinerary
- Six months bank statement
- Reference letter from employer
- Letter of invitation from Pakistan Sikh Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (PSGPC)
- Reference letter from local Gurdwara committee
- Self-address return envelope
- Original passport
- Around 6-8 weeks are required for processing visa.
Postal Address for High Commission:
PO Box 7130, Yarralumla ACT 2600 (Australia)
- Applicants sending their documents through mail should invariably enclose a pre-paid, registered / courier envelope.
- Visa is liable to be cancelled if information requested in the Form is withheld or found to be incorrect.
- Application for visa from nationals of countries, other than Australia and Fiji, will be processed only if they are holding Resident Visas of these countries.
- Non-resident Australians should apply for Visa in their respective countries of residence.
- On receipt of complete visa application and supporting documents, visa processing may take 8 weeks. However, it can be longer due to multiple reasons
- Visa Fee is subject to periodical revision without notice.
- Visa Fee is charged per person and not per passport. If children are endorsed in the passport, additional fee will be charged.
- In some cases, Foreign Nationals applying on Travel Document may be considered for issuance of visa. They need to provide all normal requirements; in addition they may provide reference/attestation inter-alia of invitees/address in Pakistan. Verification of address may be attested by a Pakistani Gazetted Officer, Notary Public etc.
For inquiries regarding any further information related to Consular Services, please email at:
Pakistan High Commission Canberra: email@example.com
Please note Consular fees once deposited cannot be refunded